Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Dentist.... oooooh.

I went to the dentist today. This was my first visit since 2000 something. I had three different dental people ask me the date, as well as the paperwork. I gave my paperwork a question mark and the dental people a question mark look with a response of... uh... I'm really not sure.

Let's then conclude that it's been awhile. I made the appointment because I started to develop an ache in my upper gum area... the very back. My only, non dental expertise of an idea was my wisdom tooth bothering me. But the ache wasn't bad so I scheduled my appointment for August... no biggie. And then it really started to hurt. I called the office yesterday and *poof* they suddenly had an opening for this morning. Funny how that works.

So like I said. It's been awhile since I've gone. That was back in the days of clean the teeth, shuffle around that bubble gum flavor cleaner with the water from the paper cup, and spit in the little sink that they have pulled up to your chair. Clean, rinse, spit. Easy enough. Ok, today was a little more complicated. Or not really, but something foreign and confusing at first. Okay, really it's not confusing either but at first I was like... WTH... what is going on and how does this work? New method. Clean, have water sprayed around and use the Grey's Anatomy "more suction please" way of taking out that yucky supposedly cherry cleaner.

Apparently the dental cleaner lady figured I'd done this before because I had no instructions of what was going on. She stuck that suction thingy in my mouth, I said a silent "what the crap is this" and promptly had half of that "cherry" teeth cleaner on my blue dental bib. Uh, embarrassing. I consider myself fairly smart though and I was able to figure out what it was by my next try. That part was mastered.

And then there were the videos. While my x-rays were being processed they had some videos to watch while I waited. Holy scary teeth and procedures being done for those teeth batman. Wow. I will definitely be brushing even better now so I never have any of those problems. I'm even going to floss. Maybe. Hopefully. We'll see.

The dentist came back. I got some praises for my nice teeth and the problem with the ache was something was stuck in the gums near the very back tooth. That's it? How do we get it out then? A cleaning? That's it? Well, apparently that was because my mouth no longer hurts. A deep clean and *bam* all better. Spiffy.

I might add that at the age of 25ish, lack of dental visits, let's knock on wood before I make it public, I still don't have any cavities. My implant looks great. And the only suggestion was to have my upper right wisdom tooth pulled as it most likely will start to push against my other tooth.

And then I worked until nine because of the time I missed due to the last minute appointment. That was no fun.


ETA: I'd like to mention that this was written at one in the morning after a very long day. I think you can tell.

1 comment:

Albert bob said...

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
Link - http://chandradentalcollege.blogspot.in/2009/04/dental-specialties.html